Describing a biryani in one sentence means chicken and spices cooked in rice. But Biryani is something that can be cooked in a variety of ways using several different ingredients. It is a well-known fact that Biryani is something which got it tastes from the Mughal’s kitchen and became very famous throughout the world. The dish has been improvised in so many ways and has seen many tastes and flavour swings.
One can make vegetable biryani or the chicken biryani depending on their taste and likings. We have approximately more than 50 types of biryani recipes that are famous not only in India but abroad as well. There are many food and cooking websites that offer the technique of cooking best chicken biryani recipe in Marathi too with the most awesome taste.
Let us explore some of the various kinds of biryani to keep updated our potpourri of dishes-
- Mughlai Biryani- Owing its name and taste to the Mughal’s kitchen, the Mughlai biryani is something which is liked by all. The authentic Mughal Biryani is cooked by mixing the best of spices which are enriched for preparing meat well in rice. The aroma of the rice and meat when mixed together gives it a unique taste.
- Lucknowi Biryani- Lucknow is the city famously known for its Nawabs who preferred a slightly milder palate of food and spices. Thus, theLucknowi biryani has remarkably less amount of spices as compared to the Mughlai variety of biryani.It is good for those who cannot bear the spices and feel the heat.
- Hyderabadi Biryani- Hyderabad, the land of Nizams, has its own biryani recipe which is rich in spices and flavors. There are many types of Hyderabadi Biryani served in various parts of our country, but the famous one is the goshtki biryani where the mutton is marinated well in spices and cooked along with rice on a very slow fire. This low flame gives it the special aromatic and fragrant taste which attracts the food lovers.
- Bombay Biryani- The Mumbai or Bombay biryani has its own version of Biryani and it can be relished at any local non-vegetarian restaurant there. Adding a dash of sweetness, it is somewhat bit oily as compared to the other versions of biryani. This biryani has a sweet taste and is eaten with meat gravy and has more greased onions.
- Sindhi Biryani- This biryani is similar in cooking where more of special meat and spices are used to give the aromatic taste. It is generally served with salad and raita that makes it distinct from the others.
Thus, biryani comes in a variety. It can be cooked with vegetables, meat and even chicken. All different preparations have their own unique taste and flavours. Make sure to try each of these when you are in one of the above cities to have the feeling making the taste buds wobble and enrich all your flavours. After all, it is said-variety add some spice to life!